The Press office in the UK carries our the following services:
1.APPLY FOR PRESS ACCREDITATION
Please send an application letter and Press Accreditation Form to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (Zambia Information Services) which include the following details:
- The News Media Organization you work for
- Your reporting assignment
- Your subject of interview -- if you intend to interview government officials, give the general questions you wish to ask
- Your contact person in Zambia
- The dates of your arrival and stay in Zambia
- A letter from your Editor confirming your reporting assignment
- Passport details of self and accompanying crew
- Three (3) recent passport-size photographs
- One (1) Press Accreditation Form for each journalist
Send or take with you a list of your photographic and recording equipment (make and serial numbers) for presentation to Customs officials at the Port of Entry.
2.COLLECTING YOUR PRESS ACCREDITATION CARD
As soon as you arrive in Zambia, for your Press Accreditation card, report to:
Zambia Information Services
Mass Media Complex
P.O. Box 50020
Tel: (2601) 253977 or 251992
Fax: (2601) 251975
(Press Section Contact Officer: Angela Munkombwe)
To help us provide better service to you and other journalists in future, please tell us about your positive and negative experiences in Zambia upon your return.
We should appreciate it if copies of your published reports or videotapes would be made available to us.
3.FILMING IN ZAMBIA
- Please provide a synopsis of the film.
- Indicate the places in Zambia where you would like to shoot the film.
- Do you intend to interview any government officials for the film? If so, give their names and questions.
- Who is your contact in Zambia?
- Give the names and passport particulars (name, nationality, place of birth, date of birth, date of issue of passport and expiration date) of the filming crew going to Zambia.
When your project is approved:
- Present to Customs officials at the Port of Entry a list of the new equipment (and serial numbers) that you will be temporarily importing into Zambia.
- Report immediately (during working hours) to the Press Section, Zambia Information Services at Mass Media Complex, Alick Nkhata Road, Lusaka at Tel No. 253977, 251992, Contact: Angela Munkombwe.
- Take with you three passport-size photos for your Press Accreditation card.
- Have a safe journey, and enjoy your visit to our country!