Application must be lodged in the person’s country of residence. Applicant resident in the United Kingdom and Ireland must apply through the High Commission in person.
Applicant should complete the Bestowal of Citizenship form (Form VII) and must attach the following:
- Copies of previous Zambian passport or National Registration Card (NRC)
- Police clearance certificate.
- 5 passport size photos
- Certificate of Naturalisation
- Application fee of K300.00 equivalent in Pounds
Note: Payment is by card only after the application has been accepted
Duly completed application form will be forwarded to the citizenship office in Lusaka. Upon Citizenship Board’s approval, a letter of approval will be sent to the Mission and applicant will be required to pay K5, 000.00 equivalent in Pounds.
Applicant will then be required to complete an oath of allegiance on (Form 9). The oath of allegiance and receipt for payment will be forwarded to the citizenship Office, Lusaka for issuance of the Certificate of Bestowal which will be sent to the Mission for onward transmission to the applicant.
- Thereafter, the person can obtain for a new National Registration Card and passport.